ENQUIRE OR BOOKat this Lodge
&Beyond Phinda Activities
Located in South Africa, Kwazulu Natal
andBeyond Phinda Private Game Reserve offers guests various ways to view and enjoy African wildlife. Twice daily game drives, with a knowledgable ranger and Zulu tracker, in an open safari vehicle are a great way to start and end the day. Visitors can enjoy guided bush walks accompanied by a game ranger and canoeing slowly down the Mzinene River, a particularly good way to see water birds and animals coming down to drink. All these activities are included in the cost of your safari.
The following wide-variety of activities can be arranged for an additional cost:
- Flight of the fish Eagle Adventure – an hour-long scenic air safari
- Leopard Research Specialist Safari (available until 30 June 2012) three day behind the scenes look at leopard training, guiding, tracking and research
- Specialist Tracking Safari – the art of tracking wildlife on foot in the wilderness
- Scuba Diving Refresher and Additional Diving – dive the reefs of Sodwana Bay, home to around 1200 fish species and spectacular coral reefs (PADI qualification necessary)
- Whale Watching off Sodwana Bay – available from June to October
- Swim with Whale Sharks – guests are accompanied by a skipper and qualified dive master
- Endangered Wild Cats Project – three hour guided tour at local rehabilitation and breeding centre for wild cat species including caracal, African wild cat, serval and cheetah
- Birding Watching – private safari accompanied by specialist birding ranger
- Specialist Private Family Safari – tailor-made family safari geared toward education and fun, planned according to your children’s ages and interests
- Beach and Scuba adventure – enjoy a day on the beaches of Sodwana Bay, swimming, snorkelling and soaking up the sun.
- Zulu Village Tour – visit a traditional homestead for a glimpse of daily life
- Turtle Nesting Adventure – between the end of November and the middle of January, watch theses archaic specimens make their way up the beach to lay their eggs
- Horseback Riding along False Bay – enjoy the quietness of the Hluhluwe floodplains as your guide informs you on the areas ecology, birds, trees and culture.
- Black Rhino Tracking Adventure – Spend a morning tracking one of Phinda’s rare and endangered black rhino’s on foot
- Specialist Walking Safari – private, tailor-made walking safari with an option of a sleepout under the African sky
- 7 Wonders in 7 Days – explore seven distinct habitats at the Reserve, walk with Rhino, track cheetah and leopard, take an air safari over Zululand, scuba dive in the Indian Ocean, sleep under the stars and visit local communities
- Bush Skills Specialist Safari – four day, three night adventure focusing on learning game ranging skills including tracking, driving a safari vehicle, rifle training and recognising the sights, sounds and smells of the wild
- Beach Adventure & Flight of the Fish Eagle – includes a half day beach outing and a scenic flight over the coastline
Images courtesy of andBeyond