Bouganvillea Backpackers is a self-catering accommodation facility in Calitzdorp. Calitzdorp is an ancient town in the Klein Karoo of South Africa and lies on the famous Route 62. We offer affordable, basic and clean accommodation for backpackers mainly.
Bouganvillea Backpackers can accommodate up to 19 people at a time.
- One en-suite double room;
- Twin room with two single beds;
- Six sleeper room with one double bed and four single beds – designed for families;
- Nine – single bed dormitory.
We have ample space to those who wish to camp under the stars. Please note that we do not provide camping gear.
Five bathrooms with showers are available.
Facilities and services:
- Fully equipped kitchen including microwave, fridge, oven, cutlery, glasses – everything you need;
- A lounge with built-in jet master fireplace for those cold winter days;
- Lapa with braai (barbecue) facilities. Grill and firewood available on request;
- Misting system for those hot days in the Klein Karoo;
- Inner court with umbrellas, garden benches and quiet spots;
- Laundry facility;
- Breakfast and dinner options;
- Clean bedlinen provided;
- Lock up and safe keeping facility; and
- Pet friendly zone. So bring your furry friends with on your visit.
Bring own food and drinks for your enjoyment.