Edgerton House was built in 1901 and situated in one of Kimberley’s most historical suburbs. The house is listed with the National Monuments Council and has been enlivened with a passion for the history of the diamond rush and famous prospectors. It is a stately home with original pressed ceilings, fires places and wooden doors and floors that have all been restored to reflect their earlier splendour.
Edgerton house has eleven luxury, double, open plan en-suite bedrooms. Each room individually captures the spirit of a famous historical diamond prospector and the whole house is furnished with antiques reminiscent of the early diamond days. Each room is equipped with colour television, DSTV, telephone, air-conditioning and tea tray. The opulence of the area abounds throughout the house, from crystal chandeliers to the 24-carat, gold-plated bathroom fittings and freestanding Victorian ‘ball and claw’ bath tubs.
They also have a swimming pool and tea garden where homemade treats are served. Typical South African breakfasts are served and dinners are available on request.
Edgerton House offers conference facilities for up to thirty delegates and city and diamond tours can be arranged. Airport transfers are available and there is secure parking for motor vehicles. Laundry service, fax and e-mail facilities are also available.