Enjoy a well-deserved holiday or stopover at this luxurious, secure, private coastal game reserve situated between Port Elizabeth and East London. The stylish lodge, set in mature gardens with a large swimming pool and braai (barbeque) area, has four en-suite bedrooms, a comfortable lounge with open fire and indoor and outdoor dining areas. The 1200 hectare of grassland, bushveld and rivirine forest gives way to sweeping white beaches.
- En-suite bathrooms with showers;
- Comfortable beds with crisp (cotton percale) linen;
- Beach towels in each room;
- All rooms have an ocean view;
- Coffee/tea facilities; and
- DSTV, DVD player and wi-fi internet avaiable in the lodge.
Our game drives are exclusively available to guests, we can comfortably seat eight in the Landrover. Before returning to the lodge you might want to stop for sundowners at our beach lapa. Where you will find yourself in the company of dolphins and you may even be lucky enough to spot a whale!
Guests also take advantage of the opportunity to try their hand at fishing. Alternatively guests can enjoy the wide range of attractions and activities that the area has to offer. A very special place to enjoy a picnic lunch or family barbeque overlooking the ocean is our beach lapa.
- Dune boarding;
- Sunset river cruise;
- Quad biking;
- Birding/fishing on boats for Spotted Grunter and Kob on local estuaries;
- Beach walks;
- Golf and activities at Fishriver Sun Hotel;
- Scuba diving;
- Deep sea fishing;
- Cultural tour to Xhosa villages in the former Ciskei;
- Trip to Bathurst Village (pineapple capital of the world, oldest pub in South Africa, arts and crafts etc.);
- Elephant back safaris;
- Trip to historic city of Grahamstown (Albany museum, Rhodes University, botanical garden, shopping, township tour etc.); and
- Day trip to Addo Elephant Park.