A wilderness experience is offered in the Kouga Mountains on the farm of Nico and Melodie Ferreira. Visitors and adventurers are invited to visit the farm Kleinrivier where the family has been farming since 1815. Leopards, Lynx and other wildlife can be observed in the surrounding mountains and dense valleys.
Numerous adventure activities are offered such as hiking, abseiling, 4×4 routes, kloofing and mountain bike routes. 4×4 Routes will test the climbing abilities of your vehicle and the nerves of the driver. These roads lead to some of the most spectacular views of the surrounding mountains. Abseil Leopard Rock (instructor on request) or explore several other climbs in the area. Farming activities on this sheep and fruit farm can be observed at close quarters and is particularly interesting during harvesting time from December till mid- February when sun drying of fruit is in progress.
Swim in natural crystal clear pools or in our freshwater swimming pool on the terrain, or try catching Black Bass in nearby Kouga River. Explore the mountain streams in search for the rare and nearly extinct redwing fish or the very scarce, indigenous Galaxias Zebratus, peculiar to this area or identify some of the variety of birds seen on the farm such as the Fish eagle, Knysna- and Vleiloerie.
Accommodation is provided in a fully-equipped, self-catering farmhouse for up to 12 people, as well as a six site camping area under shady oak trees overlooking one of the citrus orchards. Enjoy the peace on the river bank of our newly added river chalet. This lovely chalet offers accommodation for up to five people, it is fully equipped and self-catering. It is also suitable for wheelchair users.
Oom Carl se Huis:
- This renovated farmhouse has three bedrooms, an open plan living/dining room, two bathrooms (shower and bath) and a scullery;
- In each bedroom there is a double bed with a bunk bed or two single beds;
- In the living room there is a fireplace that will warm up during those cold winter nights; and
- On the stoep are couches to sit and relax and enjoy the surroundings.
- This wooden chalet has two bedrooms; one with a double bed and the other with a double bed and a single bed;
- An open plan kitchen/ living room;
- A bathroom with a shower and bath; and
- Stoep with couch and braai (barbeque).
- This wooden chalet has two bedrooms; one with a double bed and the other with a ¾ bed and a bunk bed;
- Open plan kitchen/ living room;
- Stoep with couch and braai (barbeque); and
- Natural swimming pool in front of chalet.
- Sleeping space for four people;
- Fully equipped with bedding, cutlery and crockery;
- A gas stove, electric kettle and toaster forms part of the equipment;
- There are cooling facilities in the nearby lapa; and
- Close to the ablution block.
- Campsite is situated beneath four huge shady old oak trees;
- At least eight campsites with Eskom power points;
- Ablutions block with hot water showers and flush toilets;
- Fresh water swimming pool; and
- Lapa with freezer, fridge freezer, tables, benches, a fireplace in the centre and braai (barbeque) facilities.
- Exclusive – only one group allowed at a time;
- At least three campsites;
- Chemical toilet;
- Tap with running water;
- At the end of the trail;
- Secluded; and
- A natural swimming pool.