Welgevonden Guesthouse offers accommodation in four en-suite rooms on a B&B basis. All rooms are tastefully decorated and furnished with country style pieces. The guesthouse is situated on a small Chardonnay farm with lush gardens and a swimming pool. There is a lounge with an open fireplace, television, games, books and a kitchenette. A country style breakfast is served with apricots, figs and grapes.
Welgevonden Guesthouse has four bedrooms:
- 2 x Twin bedded rooms with en-suite showers;
- 1 x Double bedded room with en-suite bath; and
- 1 x Double bedded room with en-suite shower.
The rooms are situated in an outbuilding dating back to 1880. All rooms open onto a verandah overlooking the garden. Reed ceilings, patchwork quilts, cross-stitch wall-hangings, dawn duvets and family heirloom furniture reflects the lifestyle of the Klein Karoo.
All rooms have wall heaters, overhead fans and hairdryers.
The guesthouse is within walking distance of three wine cellars and restaurants. Welgevonden Guesthouse is awarded with a 3-star grading from the Tourism Grading Council.
Activities in the area:
- Stroll through the Hennie Cloete Nature Garden where many species of succulents can be seen;
- Fishing and picnic at the Nelsrivier Dam;
- Soak up the mineral waters of the Spa (25km);
- Port and wine tasting at five different wine cellars;
- Mountain biking;
- Enjoy local cuisine such as Karoo lamb, bobotie or ostrich specialities;
- Taste homemade mustards and chilli sauces at Anna Sophia;
- Pick your own grapes at De Krans during February;
- Visit Gamkaberg Nature Reserve – home of the endangered mountain zebra;
- Book an ostrich tractor/trailer tour with Vredelus;
- Buy a handmade pipe or knife at Ebenhardts; and
- Visitors can browse through the collection of second hand books and Africana at the local museum.