Accommodation on Tharfield Farm:
- Stay in our self-catering farm cottage on a working beef cattle farm. The cottage sleeps four guests comfortably. There are two bedrooms, a bathroom with bath/shower, open plan lounge/fully equipped kitchen, front verandah and a courtyard. Guests can enjoy spectacular sea- and farm views.
- There is also an option to camp out in our treehouses which are sheltered in the forest beside the river, The treehouses sleep up to 12 guests. There is a natural pool for swimming. The two adjacent treehouses has 12 mattresses, a communal braai (barbeque) area with a covered dining/cooking area, tongs, grid, firewood, drinking water, a bush shower and toilet. There is a marked hiking trail through the pristine indigenous river valleys and open farmlands.
- Camp out in a simple fisherman’s beach cabin hidden in the dune forest. The cabin sleeps six guests. There is a sheltered deck in the trees with stunning sea views. The open plan cabin has six mattresses, an electric frying pan/kettle, a braai (barbeque) area with tongs, grid, firewood, drinking water, a cold outside shower and a bush toilet. There is a marked hiking trail through the river valley and guests can enjoy sandboarding and hiking on the beach.
Activities on Tharfield Farm:
- Horse riding on the beach and farm;
- Two day horse safaris;
- Hiking out on the beach, dunes, dune forest, riverine forest. There are marked self-guided trails where you can follow the river between the Fishermans Beach Cabin and the Treehouse (7km);
- Sandboarding on steep dunes;
- See diverse birdlife, indigenous wildlife;
- Guided bird tours;
- Observe life on a beef cattle farm and help with various farm tasks such as bottle feeding an orphaned calf, feeding and grooming the horses or assisting in bringing the cows to the dipping station.