Blydefontein Tented Camp is located in the Rietbron district between Willowmore and Beaufort West and provides a wonderful outdoor experience in the depths of the Karoo. Here you can really get to grips with the outdoors without having to rough it. Don’t bother to bring a tent or bedding – they are here waiting for you!
The camp is situated in an old river bed surrounded by shady Karoo bush. There are three chopper tents, each with two comfortable single beds. There are three larger (military type) tents, sleeping up to ten campers on mattresses, ideal for groups and especially for children.
The tents have solar powered lighting and there are hot water showers powered by a donkey boiler. The toilets are long drop. There is a fully equipped kitchen for your cooking needs as well as braai (barbeque) facilities.
- Hike on a variety of marked trails and enjoy the scenery, wild- and birdlife;
- Quad bike on farm tracks (Blydefontein Tented Camp offers quads for hire);
- Drive your 4×4 on our 60km of trails (rated 3-4);
- Enjoy the spectacular views from the back of one of our horses;
- Test your fitness on the obstacle course;
- Khoisan (Busman) rock art;
- Refresh yourself in the perennial spring.