Kolgans Cottage is situated by a dam between acacia trees with lots of birds and spectacular mountain views. The cottage sleeps four people in two double bedrooms. The upper room is enclosed only with railing and looks down onto the living room. There is only one bathroom with a toilet and shower. The cottage is equipped for self-catering with towels and linen provided.
Guests who require meals can enjoy breakfast at Anina’s tea garden, “Bo-Kloof Farm Kitchen“. For dinner we have braaipacks available with prior arrangement, you can also order bread and salads.
The guesthouse is part of the farmhouse, but is totally seperated with its own entrance, braai (barbeque) area and garden. It sleeps a maximum of six people in two bedrooms. There is only one bathroom. We never take more than one group at a time, if you are just two you will still have the place to yourself. The guesthouse is equipped for self-catering with towels and linen provided.
We also offer dinner and breakfast for those who prefer not to self cater.
For dinner you can choose one of the following main courses:
- Braai (barbeque) – we prepare the meat (lambchops, chicken kebab and boerewors) and you braai yourself;
- Venison pie;
- Leg of lamb;
- Oven baked chicken; or
All of the above are served with vegetables, freshly baked bread, salads and desert. If possible, let us know in advance which main course you prefer. We are not licensed so you have to provide your own alcoholic refreshments.
Breakfast as follows:
- Fruit juice, coffee or tea.
The campsite is approximately 1.5km from the guesthouse alongsidea dam and near the river bed. There are four toilets and two hot water showers. Electricity is available in the ablution block, but not at
the stands.We have seven stands on grass with Acacia trees and built braais (barbeques). Three of the stands are big enough to cater for groups with two to four vehicles and tents. We try not to have more than 40 people in the campsite at one time.
We also have a caravan for someone who would like to self-cater at the campsite. The caravan is equipped with 220V electricity, a gas stove, microwave oven, wash basins and refrigerator with a small freezer. The caravan can be hired with towels and linen icluded, or you can bring your own. It sleeps a maximum of four people on two double beds.
We have an amazing hiking trail – The Waterkloof hiking trail. It takes approximately 1½ hours to complete and is something that cannot be missed. Also in Waterkloof we have 12 rock climbing routes grading between 21 and 34. There are more hiking opportunities from the campsite along the riverbed.
There also is a 4×4 route onto the southern mountain range. You have free access to the rest of the farm to walk, cycle or drive. Guesthouse guests may picnic at the campsite.
Bo-Kloof lies in the middle of the privately owned western section of Baviaanskloof and is a great place from which to explore the rest of the kloof. The reserve starts 35km east of us should you wish to spend a day there.
Anina’s tea garden “Bo-Kloof Farm Kitchen” is available during the day if you feel like breakfast, homemade confectionery or a light meal. We have a farm shop stocked with basic groceries with a long shelf life. Our own farm produce can be purchased: jams, preserves, honey etc.
Firewood is always available and ice most of the time. You can order home baked bread or roosterkoek and we provide braaipacks by prior arrangement.
It is necessary to book, especially for school holidays and weekends. A 50% deposit is payable upon reservation. No card payment facilities are available and guests who prefer not to pay the balance in cash are welcome to deposit the full amount before their stay.
Terms and conditions:
- Please respect the right of other guests to peace and quiet;
- We live in a large wilderness area with lots of wild animals including snakes. Please be alert at all times. Do not feed or encourage monkeys or baboons to come closer. Remember: “A fed baboon is a dead baboon”;
- Never leave anything edible behind. Our baboons and monkeys do not yet associate people with food and we wish to keep it that way;
- Please do not remove any wood, stones, plants or plant samples. Dry firewood is available at reception;
- Fires may be lit at designated sites only;
- No graffiti or tree carving;
- If you would like to swim at the campsite, please take responsibility for children and people who cannot swim well. The dam is very deep in most places. Also take note that diving is not allowed and keep away from the pumps and electric power points;
- Please do not litter. (Litter includes cigarette stubs!);
- Please note that use of the camp site, dam, 4×4 or hiking trail are at own risk.