De Molen Farm is situated in the Rooiberge Mountains between Clarens and the Golden Gate National Park, just a few hundred metres off the tar road.
The farm was established in 1872 and holds a 3 star rating from the South African Tourism Grading Council.
Romantic open fireplaces and electric blankets for chilly evenings, fully furnished and equipped (including linen and towels), serviced daily, self-catering.
Nestled in 360 degree panoramic mountain views. Explore the Maluti Drakensberg Mountains and the delights of Clarens, the art capital of the Free State.
A Sandstone Farmhouse suitable for six guests, comprising of a large farm-style veranda, spacious lounge (with an open fireplace) and dining room with magnificent views of the mountains, a large farm kitchen fully equipped with a fridge/freezer, stove/oven, microwave, etc. There are three bedrooms and two bathrooms, one with a shower and bath.
- Sleeps four guests;
- Two bedrooms en-suite with showers;
- A kitchenette;
- Open plan cosy lounge area with an open fireplace; and
- Outside veranda.
- Ideal for a couple;
- Large bedroom and bathroom;
- Open plan kitchenette;
- Dining room and lounge with open fireplace and mountain views; and
- A single bed placed in the main bedroom can be used for a young child if needed.
Oak Tree Cottage:
- Quaint and compact under a thatch roof;
- Rondavel-style and suitable for a couple;
- Bathroom consists of a shower only;
- Kitchenette only suitable for preparation of breakfasts or light meals;
- Ideal for those who prefer to explore the cuisine in the quaint town of Clarens; and
- Small patio with mountain views.
Offers low cost accommodation and can accommodate four guests. The backpackers is secluded from the main farm area and has a 360 degree panoramic view of the valley.
- Open plan lounge area;
- Kitchenette with fridge and microwave;
- The bathroom is spacious and includes shower only; and
- Backpackers has a fireplace and linen is included.
Management request no smoking in the establishment and no pets as the farm management have their own pets on the premises.The farm does not have television facilities, however there are numerous bars and lounges available in the town of Clarens for these purposes.
- Mountain bike trails;
- Gentle walks;
- Picnic areas;
- River and dam for catch and release fishing;
- Caves to explore; and
- Only 7km of the Little Caledon River.