Die Prokureurshuis offers self-catering accommodation for eight adults. However, families and groups of up to 12 people can also be accommodated. Guests are accommodated in three spacious bedrooms. The Bismarck von Moltke Louw room has a double bed, a single bed and a full en-suite bathroom with underfloor heating. The Nicolaas Vlok room has three single beds and shares a separate toilet and bathroom with a bath and shower and underfloor heating. The Jasper Theron room has two single beds and shares a separate toilet and bathroom with a bath and shower with underfloor heating. A cot and extra mattresses are available for families with younger children sharing rooms with their parents.
Die Prokureurshuis also offers the following:
- Both bathrooms have been renovated according to the original Victorian style and contain a bath and a shower. Both have been fitted with underfloor heating for the cold winter months in Sutherland;
- A spacious open-plan living area with a fireplace in the kitchen and dining room offers cosy relaxation in front of a crackling fire;
- The large kitchen that forms part of the living area has an AGA stove which is in working condition, a microwave oven, electric stove with four plates, frying pan, toaster, fridge and coffee/cappuccino machine which are all at guests’ disposal;
- Cutlery and crockery and other kitchen equipment for 12 people are available;
- There is a separate lounge with a fireplace;
- Braai (barbeque) facilities such as grids, pots, braai tongs, axe etc;
- High-fidelity equipment (CD player);
- Linen including bedding such as sheets, duvets and towels, and hot water bottles for the winter months;
- The house is surrounded by stoeps from where guests can experience the silence of the Karoo and the splendour of its stars.
Meals and catering:
Although Die Prokureurshuis is a self-catering guesthouse, they will gladly offer guests the opportunity to enjoy real Karoo culinary delights. At your request they can provide a scrumptious Karoo breakfast or dinner.
Breakfast is usually a typical English breakfast and dinner is a three course meal, comprising soup as starter, mutton as main course and a traditional dessert.
If you wish to share in these delights, please book in advance at the following prices:
- Breakfast: R45 per person;
- Dinner: R65 per person.
Braai (barbeque) packs and meat for potjiekos can be ordered. Prices are available on request.
A think tank in the fresh Karoo air – Die Prokureurshuis presents this unique concept to small enterprises, professional groups, authors and any other individuals who want to workshop in a unique environment.
Kombuiskonferensies at Die Prokureurshuis are held around a long kitchen table with an open wood fire crackling away merrily. Die Prokureurshuis provides bed and more than just breakfast for the Kombuiskonferensies and the cherry on the top is the silence of the quietest place on earth.
The Jan Kiep Immelman conference kitchen is ideal for smaller groups and can accommodate a maximum of 12 people for a conference. They specialise in providing all your requirements based on your needs.
In the case of conferences they focus on the presentation of the conference, including aspects such as the facilities, catering and other excursions. However, should your group comprise more than eight people, not everyone will be able to sleep in Die Prokureurshuis. They can offer comfortable and comparable accommodation in The Galaxy (approximately 200m from Die Prokureurshuis).