Eningu is named after the porcupine. Eningu Clayhouse Lodge is peacefully located in the midst of the African Kalahari savannah, but only 65km from Windhoek International Airport. This makes the lodge to the perfect place for your first or last days of your Namibia round trip.
The uniquely styled clay buildings blend perfectly with the russet-coloured sands of the surrounding Kalahari Desert. Built out of 120 000 handmade clay bricks and creatively decorated, Eningu invites you with its comfortable atmosphere to relax.
Eningu Clayhouse Lodge is the proud recipient of numerous tourism and environmental awards, including three prestigious Eco-Award ratings.
The lodge offers:
- Double en-suite rooms (18 beds);
- Communal lounge and dining room with large covered patio;
- Exquisite fresh cooking;
- Wine cellar fitted with selected South African wines;
- Large swimming pool with whirlpool;
- Souvenir shop with selected Namibian art and crafts; and
- Sun downer deck.
- Hiking: botanical and eco-trails (sign-boarded);
- Game-viewing hide for close encounters with a variety of game and birds;
- Watching the porcupines feed at the floodlit waterhole in the evenings;
- Archery range and volleyball; and
- Visits to the internationally recognized sculpturer Dörte Berner and her ‘Home of Sculptures’ on Farm Peperkorrel.