The farm is situated next to Duwisib Castle and includes its historical outbuildings. The castle was constructed of red sandstone in 1908. This attraction draws thousands of tourists every year. To understand why someone would build a castle in the middle of the desert, one only has to experience the beautiful scenery and peaceful surroundings. Today Duwisib castle is a museum, run by Namibia Wildlife Resorts. Farm Duwisib is a family enterprise, run by the Frank-Schultz family.
The farm offers:
- Five double rooms (guesthouse);
- Clean, budget accommodation in bungalows;
- Dinner, bed and breakfast;
- Farm-style meals for groups of up to fourty in the old Smithy (booking required);
- Kiosk with light meals (fresh apple pie is a daily specialty);
- Locally made crafts; and
- Bush camping.
- Guided tours of Duwisib Castle, and its outbuildings (on the farm);
- Horse trails: 1-4 hours, and trails of up to fourteen days through the desert; and
- Specialist information on farming and the local area.