Bushmans River Mouth is unquestionably the best kept secret in South Africa, offering a safe and secure environment away from the hustle and bustle of frenetic city life. On the R72 coastal trunk road between Port Elizabeth and East London and directly across the river from Kenton-on-Sea, Fat Fish B&B is situated at the very end of tranquil Umthati Street. Flanked by natural bush on one side there is birdlife in abundance and recently introduced game to be enjoyed.
The three bedrooms are made up as follows:
A choice of a king size or single beds with a full en-suite bathroom;
The ideal family room with a choice of a king size or single beds plus a double bunk with full en-suite bathroom;
A double bed with en-suite shower.
All rooms are equipped with an overhead fan, wall safe, hairdryer, hospitality tray, television with DSTV, toiletries and wireless internet. Off the communal dining area is a nautical themed pub, run on an honesty basis, with big screen for sport. Large sliding doors lead from the dining room out to the braai (barbeque) area.
Fat Fish B&B serves a hearty breakfast and dinners/braai’s by arrangement, we need to know by 10:00 the same morning of your dinner requirements for that night. There are also several restaurants nearby.
Other services and facilities:
- Rooms are fully serviced daily;
- Ample secure off-street parking;
- Small pets welcome by arrangement;
- Games are available on request eg. Scrabble, Pictionary, Jenga, cards, etc;
- Fat Fish B&B is a non-smoking establishment, but each room has a sliding door leading out to your own patio where you can step outside to ‘light up’;
- No credit card facilities; and
- AA rating Highly Recommended.
Rent the whole house:
Over the Christmas/New Year period we can rent out the whole house (owners side as well) for a minimum period of 10 days at a rate of R3000 per day. A total of four en-suite bedrooms, sleeping 10 guests. Please remember to bring your own beach towels along!
- Royal Port Alfred – 25km;
- Fish River Sun – 50km;
- Alexandria Golf Course 25km.
- Bushmans River Mouth (two courts);
- Kenton-on-Sea Tennis Club – 3km.
- Kenton-on-Sea Bowling Club;
- Port Alfred Bowling Club.
- Big 5 Game Reserves – malaria free;
- Birding excursions;
- Horse riding along the beach;
- Water sports;
- Canoe trips up the river;
- River boat cruise;
- Dining out;
- Bushmans River Mouth Tourism Office is approximately 1km away;
- Kenton Tourism Office is approx 3km away – They can assist with more information regarding tourist attractions in the area and make the necessary bookings on your behalf.