Howick Museum is located on Falls View Drive in Howick. The museum collection reflects the development of the village from the 1840’s. It provides an educational and entertaining insight into settler history and an overview of the effects of development, farming and industry (such as wood and rubber production) on the area. The reference library and family records sections of the museum are continually augmented with information about the area and its inhabitants.
Ask at the Museum for information about some of the other historical sites in Howick – including the Laager Wall opposite the museum, the Anglo-Boer War Memorial site, Fairfell homestead and St Luke’s – the first church in Howick.
- 08:45 – 12:30; and
- 13:30 – 15:30.
The Museum is not open every weekend at present – please enquire in advance.
- 10:00 – 13:00.
- 10:00 – 15:00 or by appointment.