Nestled between towering cliffs and set in tropical gardens on the banks of the Umzimvubu River, iNtaba River Lodge is a small family resort offering a perfect mixture of Wild Coast hospitality and homely comfort.
Accomodation at iNtaba River Lodge is in spacious and hugely comfortable cottage-style bungalows – each with its own private bathroom and shower.
Each cottage is fully furnished and serviced.
- Swimming pool with sundeck;
- 18-Seater Catamaran for river cruises;
- Canoes (available at no extra cost);
- Games room with pool table, table tennis, DVD corner, board games and dart board;
- Jungle gym;
- Waterfront pub hammocks;
- An a-la-carté restaurant offering a variety of grills, seafood and authentic Indian curries;
- Pub with satellite television;
- Fishing and boating – with a jetty;
- Safe swimming beaches manned by lifeguards;
- Hiking – numerous trails are marked with all maps and routes available at the lodge;
- Mountain biking;
- Dolphin and whale spotting – very rewarding during the annual Sardine Run;
- Snorkelling and diving;
- Bird-watching – rare species found only in Port St. Johns;
- Canoeing and water sports;
- 4×4 Trails;
- Photographic opportunities; and
- Mount Thesiger Airstrip offers breathtaking aerial views of Port St Johns.