Accomodation at Karoo Backpackers ranges from single rooms to dormitary rooms. All rooms in this wonderfully restored National Monument are spacious and clean. The brand new mattress are oversized to give you a good nights rest. Karoo Backpackers is situated on the main road in this quaint Karoo town, close to all amenities.
- Little Karoo Backpacker Breakfast – includes muesli/cornflakes, milk, two slices of toast, butter, jam, coffee/tea;
- Great Karoo Backpacker Breakfast – includes bacon, eggs, boerewors, grilled tomato, toast, jam, cheese, juice and coffee/tea;
- Karoo Backpackers Dinner – For delicious home cooked meals such as chilli con carne, spinach lasagne or a traditional bobotie.
Facilities and services:
- Honesty bar with cold refreshments;
- Mouth-watering Karoo lamb braai (barbeque) packs for sale;
- Enclosed parking is available at 40.00ZAR;
- Internet facilities available;
- Art pieces from our local wire artist are for sale as souvenirs of the Great Karoo; and
- A tourism office is also available on the premises.
Karoo Sundowner Tour:
After a long trip unwind on our comfortable donkey carts. Enjoy a spectacular sunset while sipping a glass of champagne and taste some delicious Karoo snacks. A local tour guide will carry you away from the hustle and bustle while telling you stories about Beaufort West and the Central Karoo.
Karoo Cultural Tour:
Experience the friendliness and hospitality of the people in Beaufort West’s former black township Kwa Mandlenkosi on our donkey cart or on foot. The donkey cart is the traditional mode of transport in the Karoo and the interaction with the people comes naturally…