Come and experience township life in true style and overnight in Khayelitsha at Majoro’s B&B. The delicatessen African cuisine, friendly people and of course the warm African hostess – Majoromia.
Facilities on offer includes:
- Saturday braai (barbeque);
- Afternoon walk to experience typical township life;
- Vibrant music and traditional dance;
- Traditional African Cuisine;
- Local women, who can share the township experience and gossip the past and present stories, you will be delighted to hear. The local women can take you even around the township;
- Also cater for small functions and arrange flowers;
- With its good service and homely environment, the guesthouse accommodates four people with a double and twin room, kitchen and separate bathroom; and
- Your host, Maria, with culinary/catering experience at the University of Cape Town, will prepare a scrumptious, traditional, English or continental breakfast for you.
Spotless ablution facilities like the comfort of your own home.
- Five minutes to Monwabisi Beach;
- Fifteen minutes to the Winelands;
- Fifteen minutes to city centre;
- Ten minutes to Cape Town International Airport;
- Within walking distance to local shebeens; and
- Fifteen minutes to the Helderberg Nature Reserve.
A couple from England who enjoyed themselves at Majoro’s B&B, had this to say about the establishment:
We have had a wonderful time here in South Africa. Today is our last day and we are very sad to be going. However, you saved the best until last. The highlight of our trip was to be honoured with a superb meal and mugnificent hospitality at Maria’s. we shall remember her forever – she represents all that is good in this amazing country.
Graham & Sarah Joyce, England. February 2001.