The Tourism Centre offers a variety of activities and is currently being developed to accommodate visitors to its fullest potential. The amazing site is located at Shihosana / Nhombelani and respectively in Mudavula and Mulamula tribal authorities under the Thulamela Municipality of the Vhembe District in Limpopo.
Facilities and activities:
- Camping and caravan park area;
- One conference hall (being developed – June 2007);
- A lapa attached to a baobab tree;
- Braai (barbeque) areas;
- Three Tsonga traditional huts;
- A children’s play park;
- Cultural dancing groups;
- Medicinal nursery;
- Bird-view site;
- Eight indigenous game playing fields;
- Eight sets of resting chairs and tables made of cement;
- Soccer, netball, volleyball and ring tennis playing fields; and
- 33 hectares of land.
Muribani Tourism Center co-operative limited was named after a river called Muribani. Traditional boxing (fist fighting) tournaments for people living in and around the area used to be hosted in this area. Motivation to declare the Muribani area a heritage site is receiving attention from the Limpopo heritage resources authority.
Muribani has a unique landscape. The river resembles a horse-shoe like shape and the ground surface is covered by natural grass. There is a huge baobab tree, hundreds of marula trees, mopani trees and various indigenous trees in the area. It has also been turned into a medicinal nursery. Three wetlands are found in the project.