The location of Ocean View Hotel is truly unique and it offers an authentic experience, combined with South African traditional hospitality. Easily accessible on a tarred road all the way from Umtata, Ocean View allows adventure seekers an opportunity to enjoy the luxury of hotel accommodation while exploring the wide-open spaces of this unspoilt region.
The wide range of outdoors activities include:
- Cling to your seat 4×4 excursions along the rugged coastline;
- Invigorating hikes along the cliffs towering above the sea;
- Excellent rock and surf angling; and
- Diving and snorkelling.
And if adrenaline rushes aren’t part of your holiday plans, Ocean View’s the place to relax and sooth your soul:
- Snooze in the sun beside the sparkling swimming pool;
- Be lulled to sleep by the constant ebb and flow of the sea;
- Watch the dolphins at play in the bay;
- Borrow a book in the library and read in the gardens;
- Enjoy a drink and convivial company at the jetty Beach Bar – just a stone’s throw from the waves;
- Stroll along a pristine beach and feel the wind in your hair;
- Go bird-watching in the coastal forest;
- Marvel at nature at a nearby Mangrove swamp; and
- Watch the sun set over the sea from a vantage point on the majestic Mapuzi Cliffs.