This unique hotel is situated in the quaint village of Storms River and was originally established in 1946.
This privately owned and managed country hotel consists of 49 village-style rooms, where each cottage is individually decorated to match its specific colonial building style.
Enjoy a drink in our famous Hunters Bar, indulge in al fresco dining at Café Bacchus or select from our a la carte menu at our De Oude Martha Restaurant.
The Hotel is popular both with incentive and conference groups. Close to the Tsitsikamma National Park, the Big Tree, many forest hikes and numerous other activities.
The Hotel is renowned for its good food, old world charm and has been a favourite for many a year!
Facilities and services:
- Big screen television outside Hunters Pub;;
- Internet facility in lounge (free for hotel guests);
- Wireless hot spot (free for hotel guests);
- Playground for children;
- Hair salon;
- Conference facilities;
- Pensioners discount; and
- Credit cards accepted.
More magic has been added to the Garden Route where we have re-constructed a typical Cape Village of the past, and where old traditions of warmth and hospitality thrive side-by-side with all the comforts of the modern day. This historic South African hotel has served as a stop-over for travellers for more than a century. Visitors can delve into the past and select their home in a typical Cape Village.
This unique village reflects all colonial building styles that can be found in South Africa’s famous garden route. You can opt for a sojourn in the imposing Cape Dutch style, the Drostdy or the Landdrost’s (magistrate’s) house, or you can choose to stay in one of the charming Victorian forester’s cottages, in a quaint fisherman’s cottage or a simple Karoo Pastorie (pastor’s home) with its deep stoep and sash windows, a humble barn, a honeymoon room, or rustic log chalets. Each cottage has its own individual garden that matches the specific style of gardening reminiscent to each individual colonial building style. Each room is tastefully decorated in the appropriate style for the period.
- Premier rooms;
- Village Rooms;
- Barn Rooms;
- Log Rooms.
We have the perfect wedding setting! Nestled in the Tsitsikamma Forest lies the Tsitsikamma Village Inn. Ensure your wedding is a success. Tsitsikamma Village Inn treats its guests to a romantic world reminiscent of times gone by.
Included in the Venue Hire – (80 guests maximum):
- Tables, chairs, white tablecloths and colored paper serviettes, cutlery, crockery and glassware;
- Cocktail tables, a cake table, a head table and gift table with white tablecloths and a birdcage for envelopes;
- Registry table with two chairs and 50 chairs used during ceremony;
- Dining venue inclusive of catering price;
- Full back-up generator;
- CD Player for background music and cordless microphone;
- Beautiful gardens for wedding photos;
- A dedicated host, kitchen and service team to supervise your function;
- A special decorated dome shaped entrance and red carpet;
- The ceremony in front of our slave bell or under roof;
- Set up/Breakdown;
- Venue hire for nine hours. Overtime will be charged at R250 per half hour or part thereof four hours of set-up time on the day of the function.
One of the most important aspects of your wedding reception is the service and quality of food. We provide a unique and specific tailor-made function experience, for each wedding client according to each individual’s needs and preferences.
We also provide the following services at an additional fee:
- Live Music and/or Disco;
- Beautician; and
- Wedding Cake.
Whilst staying with us, you have a huge variety of activities to do in our beautiful region:
- Tree-top Canopy Tours – A unique forest experience, 10 slides to 10 platforms 30m
above the forest floor;
- Woodcutters Journey – Enjoy a tractor-trailer ride down the old Storms River Pass with a knowledgeable guide and refreshments served next to the river;
- Tsitsikamma Eezi-Bikes – Mountain bike and battery assisted mountain bikes for hire;
- Blackwater Tubing – Scenic guided river trips, small fun rapids and rock jumps up to 10m (optional);
- Forest and fynbos walks – Guided walks in the forest and fynbos – learn about fascinating forest dwellers and see elusive bird species;
- The Big Tree – 800 year old Yellowwood tree, 1km from the hotel;
- Escape to the Fynbos Golf and Country Estate or the Tsitsikamma Coastal Golf Estate for a round of golf;
- Enjoy an eco-boat cruise up the Storms River gorge and in the river mouth at Storms River Mouth, in the Tsitsikamma National Park;
- Choose between a couple of activities by Untouched Adventures – Kayaking, kloofing, scuba, snorkelling or Tsitsikamma boat dives;
- Waterfall Zipline Tour – Two hours of adventure criss-crossing the river on a slide system (longest slide is 211m);
- Natures Valley – A beautiful unspoilt beach/lagoon;
- Paintball, a game of tactics in the great outdoors;
- Bridge Walking Tours – See the engineering feat of the Bloukrans Bridge and experience the thrill of walking on a catwalk 21m above ground;
- Face adrenalin, for the highest bunjy jump in the world! You have a choice of the 216m bunjy jump, or the flying fox, or the ‘double rush‘ adventure combo, or a walking tour;
- Visit The Elephant Sanctuary at the Crags, Plettenberg Bay – an experience that will stay with you for life;
- For a living forest experience, visit Monkeyland and Birds of Eden, situated in the Crags, Plettenberg Bay;
- Still in the Crags, visit Tenikwa Wildlife Awareness Centre and experience african wild cats in nature.