Uylenvlei Retreat and Conference Centre is located on the beautiful fynbos road between Gansbaai and Baardskeerdersbos in the Southern Overberg. As part of the Strandveld it is one of the most undisturbed and picturesque destinations in the region, approximately 14km from Gansbaai on the road towards Cape Agulhas, the southernmost point of the African continent.
Uylenvlei Retreat and Conference Centre offers conference facilities, luxury self-catering units, well equipped tent rondavels, Strandveld rooms, a sun heated swimming pool, braai (barbeque) facilities, a boma and safe parking. Uylenvlei also forms part of a hiking trail.
There are four Strandveld rooms each equipped with two single beds or one double bed with en-suite shower, basin and toilet. Thatched roofs ensure a cool interior. The rooms look out over green lawns and the sun heated swimming pool.
Three converted farm outbuilding rooms, each equipped with two single beds or one double bed with en-suite bathroom. Earthy finishes ensures a relaxed – close to nature, yet luxury feeling.
Six brick/rock bungalows with tent roofs each accommodating four to six people. Each tent rondavel has it´s own en-suite bathroom. In the rondavels you are guaranteed complete rest and relaxation, while enjoying the sounds of nature.
- Fully equipped luxury unit with a double bed, DSTV, a kitchenette and en-suite bathroom with spa bath;
- Fully equipped unit with two single beds, television, a kitchenette and en-suite bathroom;
- Fully equipped self-catering home sleeping four persons. Includes a kitchen, bathroom and lounge. Carport and braai (barbeque) facilities outside. Linen and towels provided.
A conference facility accommodating a maximum of 120 people seated at tables is available. It can accommodate more than 150 people in an auditorium style. A flip chart, data projector, television with DSTV, DVD and full wireless broadband internet access is available. Cellphone reception is only limited to certain areas on the Retreat. Meals and refreshments are supplied by the Retreat’s own caterers.
Activities in the area:
- Platbos Forest: Africa’s southernmost forest;
- Baardskeerdersbos Art Route;
- Quad adventures and paintball;
- Horse riding;
- Wine farms;
- Fishing – De Kelders to Die Dam;
- Hiking Trails – De Kelders to Franskraal;
- Danger Point – Kleinbaai;
- Land and boat based whale watching from July to December – Kleinbaai;
- Great White Shark diving tours – Kleinbaai;
- Die Plaat Nature Reserve – De Kelders;
- Klipgat caves – De Kelders;
- Salmonsdam Nature Reserve – Stanford;
- Kleinrivier Cheese – Stanford;
- African Queen river boat sunset cruises – Stanford;
- Birkenhead beer tasting – Stanford; and
- Flower Valley.