Positioned on the edge of a 250m high dune, Wolwedans Dune Camp sleeps a maximum of 12 guests in a totally pristine setting. The tents are pitched on wooden platforms and are comfortable and spacious including an en-suite bathroom. A generous deck allows for safe sleepouts under the stars, imparting a rather civilized camping experience. The main tent houses a lounge, dining area and an open-plan kitchen where you can chat to the desert chef, meet fellow travelers and share stories.
- Scenic drives: On offer are guided full day drives with a picnic lunch in the wild or half day morning or afternoon scenic drives – afternoon drives are often combined with sundowners in the dunes;
- Nature walks: Enjoy this activity with a resident field guide;
- Hot air ballooning: Float over the dune belts and never ending plains at dawn, for an unforgettable and breathtaking experience;
- Scenic flights: Get a bird’s eye view of the Diamond coast and Sossusvlei, on late afternoon flights (subject to plane availability);
- Massages: Choose from a range of soothing massages which can be enjoyed in the serenity of the surrounding desert; and
- Photography: Join photography workshops that are hosted at Wolwedans from time to time, by renowned photographer Bruno Frangi.