Nestled amidst the red dunes in the heart of NamibRand Nature Reserve, and set against a backdrop of unparalleled beauty, Wolwedans provides the perfect base from which to explore vast stretches of awe-inspiring nature and learn about an exciting variety of large and small desert creatures.
Wolwedans Dunes Lodge is perched on top of a dunes plateau and overlooks panoramic vistas in all directions, capturing the desert in a most memorable way. The building style is a combination of wooden structures, large canvas blinds and windows, that open up to the desert beyond. The lodge reflects the ambience of a tented camp, but provides the comfort and protection of a permanent building. Each of the spacious chalets leads onto a private veranda and vast stretches of untouched sand. Sleeping with your canvas blinds open is as good as sleeping under the stars.
The lodge offers:
- Nine en-suite chalets with private verandas;
- A main complex consisting of two lounges, a number of sundowner decks with superb views, a fireplace, a tea deck, a library, a wine cellar and two dining rooms;
- The ‘Mountain View Suite’ for those seeking private seclusion in total comfort and style; and
- Swimming pool with all-round views.
- Scenic drives: On offer are guided full day drives with a picnic lunch in the wild or half day morning or afternoon scenic drives – afternoon drives are often combined with sundowners in the dunes;
- Nature walks: Enjoy this activity with a resident field guide;
- Hot air ballooning: Float over the dune belts and never ending plains at dawn, for an unforgettable and breathtaking experience;
- Scenic flights: Get a bird’s eye view of the Diamond coast and Sossusvlei, on late afternoon flights (subject to plane availability);
- Massages: Choose from a range of soothing massages which can be enjoyed in the serenity of the surrounding desert; and
- Photography: Join photography workshops that are hosted at Wolwedans from time to time, by renowned photographer Bruno Frangi.