Self-catering basic family rooms in Phalaborwa – your gateway to Kruger National Park and Mozambique.
African Lily Self-Catering Family Suites – located only 3km from Kruger National Park and in the centre of Phalaborwa within safe walking distance to restaurants and shops. Accommodations consist of basic rooms, self-catering fully equipped kitchens, very spacious and non-smoking indoors.
Inside each room:
- Private entrance;
- En-suite bathroom;
- Linen and towels provided;
- Television with SABC, E-TV and M-NET;
- Roof fan and air-conditioning; and
- Self-catering kitchen with two plate stove, crockery, cutlery, kettle, fridge and microwave.
Services / General:
- Communal lounge and dining room;
- Swimming pool;
- Safe under-cover parking;
- Security 06:00 – 18:00 daily; and
- TransLux Bus stop opposite African Lily at Engen filling station.
Accreditation and Awards:
- Member of the Phalaborwa Accommodation Association – PAA;
- Most Popular Accommodation in Phalaborwa, 2010 – Award from Travel Ground.
Where to eat:
- Breakfast (07:00 – 09:00) every day;
- Easy walking distance to several restaurants in town.
Kruger National Park Info:
- Phalaborwa Gate times 06:00 till 18:00;
- Sable Dam approximately 15 minutes travelling;
- Masorini approximately 30 minutes travelling;
- Lethaba Camp approximately 1 hour travelling;
- Olifanits Camp approximately 2 hours travelling; and
- Mopani Camp approximately 2 hours travelling.
- Phalaborwa to Giriyondo Border Post approximately 100km, 2 hours travelling;
- The border post closes at 14:00 in winter and 15:00 in summer.
Activities/Things to do in Phalaborwa and around:
- All day Game Drives into Kruger Park;
- Golf at Hans Merensky Golf Course;
- Micro Light flying arranged;
- Elephant rides arranged;
- Boat Safari’s on Olifant’s River;
- Kapama Cheetah Breeding Project;
- Moholoholo Rehabilitation Centre;
- Swadini Reptile Park;
- Echo Caves;
- Buffalo Breeding Project;
- Amarula Lapa;
- Mojadji Cycad Forest;
- Silk Worm Farm;
- White Lions of Timbavati; and
- Mozambique and the Greater Trans Frontier Park.
Come and enjoy our year round sunshine in a tranquil haven in the centre of Phalaborwa. We give you the best of both worlds – secluded gardens with prolific birdlife.