Dempsey’s is a self catering guesthouse, centrally located in the tranquil suburb of Walmer, Port Elizabeth. The guesthouse has a 3-star grading from TGCSA (Tourism Grading Council of SA). Dempsey’s Self-Catering Guesthouse is centrally located and close to:
- The airport;
- All amenities, shopping centres large and small;
- A variety of eating establishments and coffee shops;
- It is a short drive from the beaches and Boardwalk Casino Complex in Summerstrand;
- The Addo Elephant Park is an hour’s drive away, as is Jeffrey’s Bay, the world famous surfing spot.
Dempsey’s Self-Catering Guesthouse offers accommodation in five private, self contained, spacious self-catering rooms:
- Two family rooms, one of which is wheelchair-friendly. Each of these rooms has one size queen bed and one double bunk;
- Two twin rooms with two single beds in each, a shower in one room and a bath and shower in the other; and
- One double room with a double bed and a shower only.
All rooms are well secured, private, clean and comfortable. None of the rooms are interleading, all are private and separate from each other. Each room has a kitchenette and en-suite bathroom. The kitchenettes each have a small fridge, microwave, mini oven, health grill, a kettle, toaster, usual cutlery and crockery.
Each room has:
- A dining table;
- DVD player;
- Ceiling fan;
- Pedestal fan;
- Heater panel.
We provide linen and towels, but please bring your own beach towels. Rooms are lightly serviced on a daily basis, except on Sundays and public holidays. We regret no laundry service, but there are a couple of laundromats very close by. We regret no braai (barbeque) facilities or swimming pool. No barbequeing allowed on the premises. Safe parking is available.
Dempsey’s Self-Catering Guesthouse is a member of:
- Nelson Mandela Bay Tourism;
- East Cape Tourism Board; and
- PEMBBA: Port Elizabeth Bed and Breakfast Association.
Is listed on:
www.disabledtravel.co.za – Detailed dimensions, photos of the room and facilities appear on this site. Our family room has been accredited as ‘wheelchair accessible and wheelchair friendly’ by Mr Webb of Disability Options.