Facilities at Elandsheim Retreat Centre includes 10 log cabins sleeping one to eight persons – four have en-suite bathrooms. There is a lapa for self-catering guests and a hall (8m x 28m) for indoor activities or conferences.
- Visit the nearby battlefields – including Rorkes Drift and Talana;
- Bushman Paintings;
- Bird-watching (also on game farm);
- White water rafting and abseiling can be arranged;
- Farm dam with foefie slide;
- Bright skies at night for star-lovers; and
- Visit to Wezendla Crafts.
Elandsheim Retreat Centre is situated at the foot of the Hlabankosi mountain. It is told that from this mountain top smoke signals were sent to call the soldiers for war. The name Hlabankosi means (according to older Zulu people) “The King is calling to stab“. Elandsheim has erected an 11m high cross and are sending this message: ‘The King of Kings has called to bring peace to our country. 50 teenagers carried the cross to the top of the mountain’. What used to be an old school and hostel has now been turned into a youth camp.
Elandsheim vision is:
- To train young people in life skills and teach them what the Christian faith is all about;
- To treat guests to an unforgettable stay; and
- To uplift their community and spread the gospel.