Kweekwa Guest Farms is situated in the heart of the Karoo. The farm has been in the family for 157 years and the current owners are the fifth generation on the farm.
Guests visiting will appreciate the safety, beauty, tranquillity and hospitality. The vast Karoo expanse offers visitors the opportunity to walk in nature, enjoying fresh, clean air, typical Karoo scenery, bird-watching and indigenous vegetation.
Kweekwa is the main homestead where the owners, Jannie and Bimpie, live.
Witkrans is a separate homestead on the farm. It is a large farmhouse where your privacy is respected. It consists of four large bedrooms and three bathrooms. It is fully equipped with roof fans, a heater, inside braai (barbeque), fireplace, electric blankets, fridge/deep freeze, a stove, microwave, bedding and towels. This house lends itself to self catering or if preferred, catering can be arranged. Witkrans sleeps up to 16 people.
A cosy, comfortable and spotlessly clean Karoo style cottage. The cottage consists of three bedrooms, two bathrooms, lounge, dining room and fully equipped kitchen. There is an enclosed yard with lock up garage. Biempie’s Cottage sleeps up to eight people.
- Bird-watching – Up to 90 species have been identified. This area is home to the national bird, the Blue Crane, nesting Black Eagles and Marshal Eagles;
- Game-viewing – Springbok, Gemsbok, Steenbok and Fallow deer;
- Mountain biking – Exciting trails for the mountain biking enthusiasts;
- Hiking and climbing – This is one of the best ways to appreciated the Karoo scenery;
- Horse riding (by prior arrangement);
- Hunting (by prior arrangement;
- Stargazing – Spectacular night skies for star gazers and amateur astronomers ; and
- Farm activities.
Products for sale:
- Karoo lamb (by prior arrangement);
- Farm products available on request e.g. fresh bread, salads, preserves, rusks, fresh milk and farm butter (when available); and
- Karoo delicacies such as lambs’ tails, liver, tripe/trotters and game.