Mattanu Private Game Reserve started in 1991 when the owner, Dr JC Kriek, imported 88 endangered Roan antelope and 65 rare Sable antelope species into South Africa from Malawi. This is regarded as the most successful game capturing and importing operation to date.
The ranch now boasts with over 36 species and operates one of the few privately owned disease free buffalo breeding projects.
Mattanu Private Game Reserve can accommodate between two and ten people in their luxury thatch roof, stone built chalet and has a fully equipped lapa and deck facility for any function. All their packages can be uniquely tailor-made to suite every guests specific needs.
Some of the activities include daily game drives and a unique helicopter game-viewing experience, quad-biking, mountain biking and walking trails.
Mattanu Private Game Reserve is very special in its wildlife and birdlife and makes to great filming and photographic safaris. The ranch also caters for the eco-friendly green hunter, as well as different trophy hunting packages.
- The basic day visitor rate for groups of 10 or more is R250/person and includes a game drive (with snacks and coldrinks) and a 3-course dinner or breakfast. For less than five people the rate is R300 per person;
- Quad bike game viewing is R370/person, including breakfast or lunch or R420/person including dinner;
- Luxury tented accommodation – R1390/person per night;
- Five luxury tented units are available. Tented accommodation is R1390/person per night and includes two meals and two game drives per day. A single supplement rate of 50% will be charged for non-sharing guests. Every tent has its own private deck, underfloor heating, air-conditioning and a jet spa bath. The swimming pool will also be available for your use. A cash bar will be available with meals;
- Game Capture Safari: If accommodation is booked a minimum of one hour helicopter flying time needs to be booked at R4280/hour. This includes flying time for two persons. Rates are R590/person wanting to fly thereafter. As a day trip this package will be booked as above and R300/person will be charged additionally for a game drive and dinner. (Prices excl. VAT);
- Filming and photographic safaris are R500/person per day if the crew uses our accommodation. If other accommodation is used the rate is R1400/person per day;
- The game drives usually depart early morning and late afternoon and snacks/cooldrinks are included. Early morning game drives may also be undertaken on quad bikes at R300/person;
- Guided walking trails and mountain bike routes can also be organised. Another popular activity is to go on a hike to one of the animal drinking places and enjoy a nice picnic there;
- We also have helicopter game-viewing and bushveld dinner fly-inn flips (100kg maximum) at R590/person excl. VAT (min two people) or R4280/hour, which usually accompanies a 3-course bushveld dinner of R250/person.
Packages are tailormade to suite every guest’s individual needs. All our accommodation and conference facilities are 4-star and AA Superior graded.
A 50% deposit is required as confirmation or the full amount may be settled, otherwise the outstanding amount may be settled on arrival.
Cheque account – Johan Kriek Family Trust
Account number: 4052970231
Branch code: 500 902
E-mail proof of payment to email@example.com. Please use your surname as reference.