This project makes and sells three legged pots and other aluminium pots for use on fires (like flat ones for making bread). The project offers different sizes, 0, ½ , 2, 3, 4, 6, 14. Big pots are also made for celebratory occasions.
The project started as a means for earning an extra income.
Josephine demonstrated and explained how they make pots:
- Using old pots as moulds (cut in half);
- Place the old pot inside the frame and fill with clammy sand;
- Stamp the sand so that it’s compact;
- This process continues until the sand is level, then adding another frame and more sand;
- Turn over and remove the top frame, making holes on the side for legs;
- Taking out the mould/old pot and making lines in the right places;
- There are now spaces for the aluminium to trickle down;
- Placing the top level on the top again and making a hole, pour the aluminium to trickle down;
- Then bake it in an outside ‘oven‘ made of an old drum, placing a second one on top.