Monika’s Guesthouse is the ideal base from which to explore this region. Located only 500m from Volksrust on the N11 highway, Monika’s is easy to reach and a convenient stop-over on the way to Mpumalanga or Gauteng.
All rooms have television and tea/coffee facilities. The rooms can accommodate 2-4 guests. Self-catering units are also available. Lunch and dinner can be served on request.
- Angling: Barbel and carp fishing are available at the Mahawane Dam, approximately 9km outside Volksrust on the N11 highway towards Amersfoort;
- Hiking: There are many hiking trails in the area. These include the Amajuba Mountain located only 3km away from Monika’s;
- Horse-riding: Please note that advance booking is essential;
- Bird-watching: Wakkerstroom wetlands is a mere 27km away from Monika’s;
- 4×4 Trails: Please note that advance booking is essential; and
- NOTHING!!!: Laze around and enjoy our library and beautiful gardens.