Oranjerus is a resort that lies next to the Orange River. They are both a final destination i.e getaway/holiday or a stopover spot for travellers and businessmen.
The resort has lush green lawns and trees, views of the river, a restaurant, conference/wedding facilities, a sundeck and very good amenities.
Oranjerus offers five types of accommodation:
- Luxury style, self-catering chalets with views of the river;
- Budget self-catering chalets – open plan or two bedroom;
- Business rooms – double rooms with en-suite bathrooms – breakfast is included;
- Tented camps – permanent tents with two single beds; and
- Camping/caravan facilities.
All accommodation is 3-star and the camping/caravan has a 4-star rating. The Ibis Restaurant offers good food. The dishes are served in a stylish setting on the riverbank. The sundeck is perfect for watching the sunset, bird-watching or simply just relaxing.
Daytrips to the following areas can be arranged:
- The Quiver tree forest;
- Spitskop Nature Reserve; and
- Kopfontein – game farm.
There are many hiking possibilities and mountain biking opportunities nearby. A speciality is clay pigeon shooting in April. They also offer Iron Team Sport in October.