The Treehouse sleeps six people in two rooms. The open plan kitchen -living room’s couch folds out into a double bed and there is a double and two single beds in the upper bedroom. There is one bathroom with a toilet and open shower.
The house is equipped for self-catering with towels and bedding provided. The kitchen has a microwave oven, bar fridge and a two plate gas stove. There is a fireplace inside for cosy winter nights, as well as an outside braai (barbeque) area.
Speekhout have great hiking opportunities. You can hike over the mountain to Duiwekloof, to the swimming hole or on to the crocodile’s back (a rock formation).
We are also ideally situated to explore the rest of the Baviaanskloof or to visit the reserve for the day. Peter has an amazing collection of Bonsai trees which you can have a look at, and some are for sale.
Tariffs – Valid until November 2014:
- R220.00/person per night for two or more sharing;
- R350.00 for a single;
- Children under 12 years: Half price;
- Babies under 3 years: No charge;
- Tariffs negotiable off season and for four or more people staying more than one night.
It is necessary to book, especially for school holidays and weekends. A 50% deposit is payable upon reservation. No card payment facilities are available and guests who prefer not to pay the balance in cash are welcome to deposit the full amount before their stay.
Conditions of stay:
- We live in a large wilderness area with lots of wild animals including snakes. Please be alert at all times;
- Do not feed or encourage monkeys or baboons to come closer. Remember: “A fed baboon is a dead baboon”;
- Never leave anything edible behind. Our baboons and monkeys do not yet associate people with food and we wish to keep it that way;
- Please do not remove any wood, stones, plants or plant samples. Dry firewood is available at reception;
- Fires may be lit at designated sites only;
- No graffiti or tree carving;
- Please do not litter (Litter includes cigarette stubs!);
- Please note that use ofall hiking trails are at own risk.
Please note: There is no cellphone reception between Nuwekloof Pass and Patensie, also no ATM’s or card payment facilities at any of the guest farms or shops.
We are located on the R332 road. 55km from Willowmore (gravel road one hour), accesible with any vehicle. And 155km from Patensie – gravel road of which a 20km section is in extremely bad condition. It will take you at least four hours from us towards Patensie and your vehicle must have good ground clearance and at least diff lock.
If you are traveling through the reserve (east of Zandvlakte towards the west of Cambria) you will be required to pay a day visitors fee of R20.00 per adult and R10.00 per child.