The Pont is nestled between the mighty Umzimvubu River and Mount Thesiger, a convenient 4km from the centre of Port St Johns and the sea. The Pont was originally a government property until the new owners took over. It is situated right on the side of the Pondoland Bridge, on the highway from Umtata.
The Pont has self-catering accommodation chalets with caravan and camping space available, offering:
- Rustic self-catering riverside chalets;
- Three en-suite self-contained family rooms;
- A fully equipped communal kitchen;
- Inkwazi – a large family chalet sleeping 12 people;
- Aquarium – three separate rooms sleeping 12 people;
- Camping and caravan sites with electricity;
- Ablution facilities for campers; and
- A riverside braai (barbeque) boma.
Activities in the area:
- Slipway and jetty with estuary, surf and rock fishing;
- Walking trails;
- Horse trails; and
- Canoe expeditions.
All of these, plus peace and serenity in the majestic surroundings with good security. Jenny or Brian will be there to welcome you.