Valley View Guesthouse is located 16km from the biggest tourist resort, Sun City, and just 5km from Pilanesberg National Park and the well-known Ostrich Farm. Pilanesberg Airport is also nearby. The guesthouse is tucked into the folds of the Pilanesberg Mountain, from where visitors can admire the extraordinary beauty of the unspoiled landscape.
Proprietor Cecilia Mopeloa offers good service and affordable accommodation to tourists and visitors. Three bedrooms are decorated in Western fashion and a further two in the mode of Africa. The rooms all have television, and there is a spacious television lounge for guests to relax in. There is also a dining lounge where guests enjoy their meals.
The swimming pool is surrounded by a beautiful big garden, complete with braai (barbeque) at the disposal of the guests. The secure parking area can accommodate several cars.
Community tours can also be arranged for guests to meet some of the Batswana tribes, such as the Bakgatla, Baphalane and Bakwena, to learn more about Setswana culture and history. This is in line with the establishment’s credo: “Where culture and hospitality meet”.
Some of Valley View Guesthouse’s achievements:
- Accredited by the South African tourism authority;
- Accredited by South African Bureau of Standards (SABS);
- Member of the Rustenburg Residence Accommodation Association (RRAA);
- Semi-finalist in the 2001 Emerging Tourism Entrepreneur of the Year Award (ETEYA); and
- Listed by the AA Travel Guide as one the best SA guesthouses of the year.