Witdraai Bush Camp is situated on the traditional farm Witdraai where you get a glimpse into the intriguing history, significance and current lifestyle of the Kalahari Bushman!
Enjoy guided bushwalks with an experienced San guide or tracker through the veld. Discover peace and tranquillity through the adrenalin rush of a day in the bushveld by choosing from a variety of adventures including: Stay in a traditional grass hut or camping under the stars, conference facilities for trainings and other eventsare available, chatting and storytelling around the campfire after experiencing a traditional San dance, making handmade crafts, eating traditional San and Kalahari cuisine, learning to shoot with a bow and arrow, game-viewing at sunset……and much, much more!
All customized to suit individual or group needs.
Witdraai Bush Camp:
- An eco-tourism venture that offers an authentic and unique ‘Bush’ experience on the //Khomani farm Witdraai in the beautiful Southern Kalahari dune belt;
- Guided day trips, tented bush camps and cultural experiences for groups of visitors run by //Khomani San Guides and trackers who are keen to share aspects of their age-old culture and heritage;
- Specially tailored bush walks and day trips on the //Khomani farm Witdraai. Experiences for visitors to include tracking interpretation and gathering of indigenous herbs and edible plants that are led by the trackers and guides;
- Organized day visits with our traditional healers to experience the traditional way of veld medicine ect.;
- Through cultural events to share the oral history and stories from the cultural past of the //Khomani San;
- Game drives on Erin Game farm and other experiences;
- Conference hall for different events like weddings, church conferences, trainings, meetings ect.;
- Experiencing a traditional dance at night with a group of six or more people;
- Traditional meals cooked in a traditional manner;
- Different games for man and woman;
- Experiencing craft making with natural materials the desert offers such as twigs, pods and seeds, bone, horn and porcupine quills and ostrich egg shells that are use in most of the craft;
- An authentic traditional grass huts and bush camp experience on the Farm Witdraai for groups of visitors. Experience first hand the unique beauty of the southern Kalahari;
- Organized day trips into the Kgaladi Transfrontier Park or Imbuwe camp on //Khomani San land in the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park accompanied by ||Khomani San field guides and trackers;
- Landing strip on Kopan Airfield and more activities.
Tracking and guiding experience:
The San people in the Kalahari are world renowned for their ability trace footprints and animal tracks.
Enjoy storytelling, and learn the sacred art of tracking, visitors are also taught dancing and learn the skill of hunting with a bow and arrow.
- Traditional dance;
- Heritage sites;
- Bow and arrow shooting;
- Traditional Games;
- 4×4 Drives;
- Game drives;
- Bird watching; and
- Sundowners on the dunes or at the pan.