Mayukuyuku Bush Camp and Campsite is one of only four campsites situated inside Kafue National Park, situated on the banks of the Kafue River. It is an ideal location to access both the north and south of Kafue National Park.
Kafue Camps and Safaris Ltd was created in 2006 to meet the safari needs of visitors wishing for an excellent wildlife safari experience whilst also maintaining ethical principles by employing the local people and promoting conservation. It is a majority Zambian owned company, so revenue is ploughed back into the country. Guests can also purchase locally produced crafts in the gift shop, with confidence that the money is going to the artist.
The camp is surrounded by a lightly wooded tree line and the Kafue riverbank. The park has large, shady trees to camp beneath and the views both upstream and downstream are magnificent. Fishing from the banks plus launching of boats is both safe and easy. The rapids upstream provide a wonderful sundowner drinks location.
Mayukuyuku Bush Camp and Campsite offers full board with a fully stocked bar. The craft and curio shop stocks items made in communities around the park, Lusaka and also from other areas of Southern Africa. The campsite is equipped with hot showers and flush toilets.
Activities include guided game-viewing in open vehicles, walking safaris with a guide and armed scout and fishing and game-viewing by boat. Alternatively you can hire a wildlife guide who will accompany you in your own vehicle for a drive (one a day or longer) if booked in advance.
|Per person per night:
|Firewood provided, hot showers and flushing toilets
|Activities: (2 to 3 hours)
|Boat game viewing or fishing
|Morning Game Drive
|Sundowner Game Drive
|Guided Walking Safari
|Guide Hire per drive 2-3 hours
|Guide Hire – half day
|Guide Hire – full day
|Guide Hire for long trips
|Transfer Lusaka – Mayukuyuku one way
|Per vehicle not per person
|Transfer Lusaka – Mayukuyuku – Lusaka
|Per vehicle not per person
|Pick-up / drop off at bus stop
|160,000 per vehicle each way
|Meals for campers:
|Lightweight tent hire with bedding
|*We are based inside the National Park, so park fees apply.
Park entry fees:
|Residents/SADC Nationals (KR):
|Self Drives (Residents/Non-Residents) (KR):
Aircraft Landing/Angling/Camping/Mooring/Vehicle Entry/Vessel Entry:
|Locally Registered (KR):
|Foreign Registered (KR):
|Vehicle < 3 tones net wt
|Vehicle > tones net wet
|Vessel < 50 hp
|Vessel > 50 hp
|Mooring in National Park
|Established Residents (KR):
|Commercial Filming & sound recording
|Professional hunting license
|Apprentice Professional Hunting License
|Professional Tour Guides License
|Apprentice Professional Tour Guides License
- A day means the period from 06:00 hours to 18:00 hours (6:00AM to 6:00 PM);
- A child under the age of five years shall not pay for entry into any National Park. Children aged five years and above, but under thirteen years, shall pay 50% of the above rates;
- A canoe trip shall consist of a maximum of 3 canoes (i.e. 2 clients’ canoe and 1 guide’s canoe);
- Aircraft Entry/Landing per day includes all the days the aircraft remains in the National Park, Bird/Wildlife Sanctuary;
- A school party, comprising citizens or established residents, composed of over ten children shall pay 28 fee units (KR5) per citizen or 35 fee units (KR6) per resident and KR26.40 per head for foreign visitors, for entry into any national park, bird or wildlife sanctuary.