A stone cottage set on grounds with fruit trees and grapevines. There is an en-suite double bedroom, a twin bedded room and a private bathroom. All rooms are equipped with heaters and electric blankets for those cold winter nights. Undercover parking is available. There is an excellent music collection and extensive library for those who want to relax. An authentic English breakfast is served in the yellowwood dining room.
- Take a scenic drive towards Matjiesfontein, enjoy the scenery and appreciate the Karoo silence;
- Climbing in the Verlatenkloof;
- Visit the telescope at the Observatory;
- Military graves dating back from the Boer War;
- A tour of the local church;
- Sutherland is also home to the Louw brothers, well know Afrikaans authors. Their house is now a museum; and
“Just like home – wonderful hospitality. Thanks for everything, we’ll be back soon” – Pretoria;
“Such friendliness is only found in these quaint country villages” – Weseley;
“Great food and wonderful hospitality – you are great hosts” – Cape Town.