The Zenzeleni Community Centre is the focus of most of Mpophomeni’s community projects. It is a place for people to meet and share ideas.
The centre houses the following initiatives:
- Counsellors from Hospice, Childline and Lifeline who offer therapy and support. These are local counsellors who make use of the rooms at the centre;
- A legal advice centre that caters to the needs of community members;
- A meeting hall for community meetings, church groups, workshops and discussions;
- A computer centre with sponsored computers, which are used to teach both school children and the local teachers alike;
- A workshop for physically disabled people who make window frames; and
- A community vegetable garden for pensioners who grow the vegetables for either themselves or for sale.
Tourists can visit the centre by prior arrangement through the Zulu Mpophomeni Tourism Experience office.